Swedish & Mexican, Of Course

The slow cooker my parents gave me for Christmas is turning out to be a great thing. This is Tortilla Tomato Soup from Robin Robertson's Fresh From the Vegetarian Slow Cooker. I don't usually like tomato soup, but with a 1/4 cup of tequila added at the end, this one has a fresher, lighter attitude than that canned crap. So, where are the tortillas in my Tortilla Tomato Soup? Yeah, I crumbled some corn chips into the soup just before serving. Tasty!
And here we have Swedish Chocolate Balls, the second to last recipe in Vegan Cookies Invade Your Cookie Jar, which I seem to be working through backwards. They are supposed to be rolled in coconut or pearl sugar. Since I had neither, but do have a 6 year old, I thought nonpareils would be just fine. Pearl sugar would have been better, but this way fit the bill.

Comments

  1. I love tomato soup and think it looks great! And those chocolate balls look yummy, I haven't used VCIYCJ enough!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment