Friday, October 2, 2009

Texas Caviar

This was snack this morning. Beans? In the morning? Hell yes. We are all supposed to get at least a cup of beans every day, and Texas Caviar is one of my favorite ways to do that. I used Robin Robertson's recipe from Vegetarian Meat and Potatoes and threw in an Anaheim pepper because I have around 50 in my garden right now.
I'd never heard of Texas Caviar before I went vegan. I'd also never cooked with Black Eyed Peas. Just another example of how the food world opens up when you go looking!

2 comments:

  1. Love love love Texas Caviar! Best thing about that state is the food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of Texas caviar before - intriguing!
    I am enjoying reading your blog about your cooking adventures. For ages I cooked the same few things over and over again, until a few years ago I looked up and actually paid attention to the cookbooks I'd been accumulating. It is so much fun. :)

    ReplyDelete