4th of July Salads (& some other stuff)

This was the first 4th of July we decided to stay at home. Given a little more planning, I might not have forgotten the watermelon. Over all, though, I think it turned out really well. My parents came over for dinner. We had Prospect Park Potato Salad from Veganomicon. This is pure awesomeness. It's my omni mom's favorite ever.

Pasta salad with carrots, celery, radishes, fresh parsley, and Black Creek Ranch Dressing from The Native Foods Restaurant Cookbook, my very favorite and the easiest ever ranch dressing.

Almond Chocolate Creem Pie (1/2 recipe in cheater store-bought crust) from jae steele's Get It Ripe, served with chopped almonds in the next shot down. Tasty goodness.



And here's the table with veg brats and dogs, the two salads, and Berry Lemonade from Your Vegan Mom's blog, which everybody loved.

We are about a mile from the park where they set off fireworks here, so we watched from our roof. It was a fantastic show. And Ta Da! Another entirely vegan holiday under my belt!

Comments